I've always been a strong believer of not judging a book by it's cover and I try very hard not to put labels on people. But every once in a while I still have the tendency to do just that. I bring this up because for the past three years I have labeled and misjudged someone who lives close to me. We've had a few displeasurable moments over the years and it put a bad taste in my mouth. I never shut him off and never treated him unkindly but still never let myself be open to an unbias decision of who I thought he was and was about. But life as you might know it has a funny way of slapping you in the face every so often. Okay, maybe more often than we want to admit.
As I was returning home from walking my dog (Chloe) tonight we happened to bump into my neighbor. We started up a bit of idle chatter that I'm not a real fan of but I'm glad I did. What started as just a few words turned into a very deep conversation on physics and Buddhism. We were both dumb founded since, as I just learned, he pretty much misjudged me as I did him. It's quite strange how two people with such same beliefs and views and whom both enjoy deep debates and conversations live so close but yet are so separated by our ego's delusions of whom we think the other is.
I guess the point of my rambling is this and it's quite simple, keep your mind open and don't label. We are all one. Love each as if they were your mother, father or child, becuase one day they or you may be just that. Hope everyone has a very wonderful evening. Love you all. And to my neighbor Willie, my aplogies and a deep bow _/\_
Striving to attain Enlightenment for the ultimate benefit of All Beings.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment